Focus Will power and Determination
What is Focus?
Focus is the ability to ignore distractions and pursue what is essential. It is the state of being occupied on one goal with all of your five senses. A focused person can view the small picture and also its numerous links with the big picture. Being able to stay focused on both internal and external unfavourable environment is a scarce and precious skill.
This skill is blessed to those who work for it. You are focused when you concentrate on one thing while ignoring the rest. Focus doesn’t mean saying permanently no to other things. It is just a realization of what you should be doing at a particular moment. Focus, intense Focus one hundred Focus is when the work entirely absorbs you. At this stage, you become a deaf and a stranger to the environment around you.
A focused person with willpower and Determination can achieve anything. As Focus is the map, Will power is the way and Determination is the fuel that drives towards success.
The importance of staying focused
Stayed focused is essential not only during work but in life as well. Being unfocused can cause significant problems as we may hesitate to move forward in our professional and personal life. We are now living in a fast-emerging world, where you can get distracted within a blink of an eye. There are a lot of social sites available which provides entertaining content daily.
Now we always have an activity to kill our time, which removes our Focus from the important stuff. You cannot be a successful person in future if you do not stay focused on your present.
- Your Focus towards a better life will change your life and others as well.
- It will get you more opportunities as you will be aware of many possibilities and smart ways to become successful.
- Focus on learning new things and skills will expand your knowledge and intelligence.
- You will be more optimistic, confident and productive towards your work
- Focus on your goal and don’t allow yourself to be distracted, then you will achieve it.
- You will have control over your life if you are focused. No matter how hard life pushes you, you will be in a position to face it confidently.
- Focus towards your inner self will help you create an understanding relationship with yourself and also improve your decision making capability.
Why is it hard to stay focused?
You have a tiresome task to complete within a specific time; it’s finished, but how? You started by procrastinating but barely got it finished by intense Focus because of the fear of passing the deadline. So our willingness to focus on the assigned task is directly related to our decision and discipline.
We as human beings, have a brain that is capable of concentrating if there is no distraction within and outside. The stronger the will power and self-control we have, the stronger is our Focus. The question that arises in our minds is why we fail to focus in the first place. Some of the reasons for this lack ness are
- Staying in the past or an ongoing trauma
- Depression that is the inability to think clearly
- Anxiety as you keep on thinking about the same stressful thoughts and scenarios
- Any physical or mental abuse which shattered your soul
- Fear of failure thus minimizing your potential
- Lack of decision-making ability
- Laziness or tiredness
- Lack of sleep or sleep deprivation
- Poor lifestyle
- Medication or drunk
- Distraction in the environment
- Too much to think about or overthinking
- Emotional overwhelm
- Consuming negative energy daily
- Hating your task which psychologically causes pain
Most of us believe that multitasking will help us finish our tasks early, but it is a myth. Multitasking forces our brain to focus on more than one task at the same time. This approach makes us tired within no time, and in an attempt of doing everything, we end up doing nothing. It stresses us and affects our quality of work. Working on one task at a time is a smart move.
Most of us also believe that a high boost coffee will help us kill our tiredness and make us focus. We are wrong over here as well. It may help us for a shorter period, but we will not be able to work with a healthy mind. In this case, one of the best things we can do is to go outside for a quick walk. This walk not only relaxes our mind, but exposure to natural light enhances our attention and work performance as well. Having a short nap can also work but beware that this short nap may turn into an extended hour sleep. These quick fixes can help when you feel tired in the middle of the day, but there is no replacement for actually getting a good night sleep.
Will power and Determination
Will power is the ability to have a command on one’s willingness. It is the ability to delay gratification, control your temptations to achieve long term goal. Determination is a firm intension that derives towards a visually impossible goal filled with obstacles. Determination occurs before the achievement of the goal. Focus is the map; Will power is the way and Determination is the fuel that drives towards success.
How to increase will power and Determination?
- Think about your goal, observe the obstacles, make a plan and at last decide to be determined.
- During your struggle, remember why you started it and what you want to achieve from it.
- Control your fear from the very first day as fear is the biggest enemy that weakens Determination.
- Encourage yourself to stick-to-itiveness, no matter how complicated things get.
- Have a maximum of 8-hour sleep, eat healthily and exercise daily.
- Sharply train your mind and body to be disciplined.
- Start adopting good habits and refrain from every activity that is a threat to your Focus, will power and Determination.
- Celebrate when you fully attain your goal; this will keep your discipline and will power alive till the ending point.
- Learn how to control yourself and respond in stressful situations.
- Do not torture yourself with loads of work; take short breaks to work again with a new spirit and energy.
Balance your Life
Life has a different journey for its living beings. Everyone has various tests, trials and struggles than the other. It is not wise behaviour to feel depressed by comparing your life struggles with the other. There is a hundred per cent probability that everyone thinks that his/her life is less comfortable than the rest. Everyone carries some invisible scars that they only could handle and tolerate.
Now it is the right time to focus on your life and the lives of your loved ones. Focus on who you want to be and what you should be doing for others according to your potential. Make goals, achieve them but above these balance your work and family with full Focus. There will be short comings, doubts and many failures. You might also experience a time where you may feel that you are losing the balance you were trying to achieve.
You might experience losing almost everything. Do not let these failures to blur your Focus from the actual target. Keep your will power and Determination alive to clear all the imperfections out of your life. Always remember that the sun shines after the dark clouds have finished their purpose, and with pain, there is ease.